3 good reasons to come to Ventoux Provence this autumn
Published 27 septembre 2022 - Updated 14 novembre 2022
Are you looking for a destination for this autumn? The Ventoux and its villages are there to welcome you and make you live moments of happiness!
1. The diversity of the landscapes
There is no need to travel many kilometres to be surprised at the very heart of the region.
Carpentras is the gateway to the region.
- At 10 km the massif of the Dentelles de Montmirail ideal for hiking surrounded by the famous vineyards.
- 10 km away are the Monts de Vaucluse with its many picturesque villages where the mineral, stone staircases and walls, the calades trace the hiking trails.
- At 15 km, Méthamis opens the way to the famous Gorges de la Nesque which end at Monieux, a beautiful village surrounded by nature.
- At 15 km, the first combes of the Ventoux can be seen from afar. Through the combes (and there are many), the ascent on foot of the Giant of Provence can begin.
- The hills dot the panorama with beautiful forests on all sides.
- As far as the eye can see, you will stroll past vineyards, olive trees (and their olives which are picked in November) and orchards (in pause mode in this season).
- Throughout your strolls, the villages almost touch each other. They all have an incredible charm, so don't hesitate to wander through the narrow streets at random or with a discovery map, they all lead somewhere and very often offer a breathtaking view.
In short, a genuine and authentic Provence !
2. Autumn colours and the sun of Provence
As you can see, the countryside and agricultural landscapes play an important role in the region. Vines are everywhere. It takes a lot to satisfy the great wine lovers and the crus are numerous. The vineyards of the famous Beaumes de Venise, Gigondas, Vacqueyras and Ventoux offer an exceptional colour palette in autumn after the harvest. October offers shimmering golden colours and it is at the beginning of November that the leaves become flamboyant !
By car, bike, electric bike or on foot, you will not remain indifferent to this great beauty and the sun of Provence!
The winegrowers will be delighted to welcome you and share their secrets.
3. Slow life, art de vivre in Ventoux Provence
With its large festivals where gastronomy is in full swing, not a day goes by without a gourmet event being scheduled.
- The Ventoux Saveurs Festival: moments of meeting with producers, of sharing and of slow discovery to integrate and appreciate the 100% local approach.
- In the Ventoux region, the winegrowers are busy preparing some unique events for the Fascinating Vineyards and Discoveries weekend, which takes place from 13 to 16 October 2022.
- Culture on the farm with the October festival Brin de culture.
- Music in November with the autumn evenings from village to village.
The month's agenda is always full of local festivals, historical conferences, guided tours and walks, and flea markets. Ask for it in the Tourist Offices.
The black truffle also makes its comeback in mid-November at the Carpentras market and in many local restaurants!