Tour de France 2021 with a double ascent of Mont-Ventoux !
Published 02 juillet 2021 - Updated 03 décembre 2021
Unseen before : the 11th stage on the 7th of July with a double ascent of Mont Ventoux !
For the first time, the cyclists will have to face a double climb of the Ventoux on the 11th stage. "The stage of Vaucluse will be a very special stage, it will start with lavender fields until it climbs up to the giant of Provence, the formidable Ventoux, underlines Christian Prudhomme Tour de France director. A first time via Sault, one of the three routes that lead to the summit, the least rough, then we'll go down again to Malaucène, then Bédoin for the mythical and difficult climb".
Please note the following traffic and parking arrangements to attend the show in the best conditions.
To get to the summit of Mont Ventoux from Tuesday 6 July 2021, closure to motorised traffic :
- at 12pm (and until 8pm) of the three access roads to the summit from Sault, Malaucène and Bédoin, as well as the D938, route de Vaison between Malaucène and the Pont rouge (RD13 junction).
- at 8pm from the roads between Malaucène and Bedoin via the col de la Madeleine.
- For cyclists, traffic will be regulated and prohibited: from 6 July at 8pm on the RD 974 between Malaucène and the summit of the Ventoux - from 7 July at 12pm on the access roads via Sault and Bedoin.
To park (within the limits of available spaces)
- On Mont Ventoux, two car parks are available:
1) At the Mont Serein station (RD 974). Please note that vehicles wishing to return to Malaucène will have to wait until 8pm to leave their car park so that the Tour's installations can be dismantled, so please make arrangements (water, provisions, etc.)
2) At the Ermittants (RD 974 above the Chalet Reynard).
- In the villages, there are many car parks available:
in Bedoin (access via the RD 974).
in Malaucène (access via the RD 938 and the Plan de Laval road from Vaison-la-Romaine, RD 90 from Suzette, RD 938 from Le Barroux).
in Sault (access via the RD 950 from Saint-Trinit, RD 942 from Monieux and Villes-sur-Auzon).
Please note: for camping-cars, caravans and similar (habitable vehicles), parking will only take place in the specific areas provided for this purpose at the Mont Serein resort and at the Plaine des Ermittants (limited spaces). Once the maximum capacity has been reached, access to the Ventoux will be prohibited.